It is the policy of Oman Fisheries Company to process and deliver quality fish and fishery product with due adherence to International food safety standards, HACCP, internal and external customer satisfaction.
The objective of Oman Fisheries Company’s Quality System is to ensure that all perform their activities in accordance with ISO 9001 : 2008 and demonstrate our commitment to all our customers.
We shall monitor our performance as on going activity and to str or continual improvement.
It is mandatory that all employees of Oman Fisheries Company adhere to the requirements including legal requirements and implementation of the Quality System in the entire organization.
Quality control department, supported with qualified and trained professionals, are on continuous vigil to keep the fish closest to freshest. Food safety is the prime objective of Oman Fisheries Company. An ISO 9001:2008 and HACCP certified company with EU Approved plants achieves this objective by conducting a series of checks by integrated quality control laboratories. There is a five point quality check of the fish.
Quality of the fish is checked
1) While receiving ( for specie identification, sizes, and organoleptic inspection etc )
2) While processing ( for internal organs as well as organoleptic etc )
3) While packing ( for appearance, organoleptic inspection etc )
4) Random checks and in house lab tests
5) Preshipment inspection by both internal and external government approved quality institutions.